Tuesday, October 1, 2019

My Night as a Rock Star

Wednesday, 25th September, 2019.
For those friends reading this blog who don't know my family, I have a niece and nephew in England, Ilona and Roy.  Their Mum Katie, my sister, died a few years ago. Roy is in a band called Scouting for Girls, well known in England.  Their first album, released in 2007, went on to become triple platinum, and this year they are releasing their fifth album, "The Trouble With Boys".  As a lead up to a massive 30 concert tour in November and December, they did a small charity gig at a pub in Harrow, where they played as teenagers when they were first starting.  While it was a sold-out ticketed gig, Ilona, Alexis and I were on the "guest list" along with Kathy's brother Johnny and her niece Rosemarie.
Poster for the gig.

Donating to the music therapy charity.

With Johnny, Ilona and Alexis.

I had moved half way down the room to take photos when the official photographer spotted me and ushered me right up to the stage. 

 Roy called me up on stage  and introduced me to the audience as his "Aunty Jan from Australia".



My bit starts at about 2 minutes 45.  Roy was trying to get me to play.  It wasn't until I watched the YouTube clip that I heard him telling me just to play F and C chords but I didn't hear that on stage, or I would have done it.

At the end of the bracket the crowd started chanting "Aunty Jan, Aunty Jan!"  Pedram has asked me when is the Aunty Jan merchandise coming out.  All photos from the official photographer Dean Fardell www.fardellphotography.com 
What a fun night.  All the best to Roy and the band for their coming tour.
























No comments:

Post a Comment