Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Fiona

Wednesday,

When I lived in England 1970-75, I taught for a while with Fiona and became good friends with her and her husband John.  I have always been to see them whenever I've been to England and she and John came and stayed with Pat and me in Brisbane about 10 years ago.  Plus, we've always exchanged news every Christmas.
John has been suffering from Alzheimer's for the past five years, but I was totally shocked to learn that he had passed away just three weeks ago.

I went to see Fiona at her small village of Hartley Wintney in Hampshire, a 45 minute train ride from Waterloo.

We went for a walk "in the woods" around her village:


The autumn leaves were just starting to fall.  Fiona has a lot of support from her three children and their families, and the people in the village, but it is still a very hard time for her.  I know.



No comments:

Post a Comment