Friday, October 11, 2019

Camino 6: Portomarin to Palas de Rei (25km - 74km so far )

Thursday, 10th October, 2019.

"Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you."  (Luke 11:5).

(From today's gospel, from Fr Michael's reflection for today.)

 Portomarin is a town well-endowed with bridges.

Once we left Portomarin, the path kept going up, up, up.


Here, the path looked as if it were leading up to the sky.

 Then we broke through the mist ....

and could look down on the clouds.

Now only 80 kms to go.

Contented fat cows (with bells).

Oh what bliss when I could find a bench to sit and put my feet up for a few minutes.

Through a village (yes, I had my eye on those chairs).

This is actually a picture of Marianna negotiating the entrance to a narrow, muddy, steep, rocky bit.  It would have shown more of Marianna if I could have taken it a few seconds earlier.


A cool, enclosed walkway took us at last to Palas de Rei.  What joy to see the Harvest bus waiting there for us.  Erling (from NZ) made the comment that he hoped it would take us more than ten minutes to get back to Portomarin  seeing that it had taken us all day to get from Portomarin to here.

Back at Portomarin, we celebrated Mass in the same church as last night, and again Michael invited all visitors to join us.  There was a couple from Mexico sitting next to me.

Cherie offered for me to play the guitar she had just bought, so I played the Brian Boniwell  The Lord is My Shepherd.








No comments:

Post a Comment