Saturday, October 5, 2019

Crete to Athens

Tuesday, 1st October, 2019.

Phil found a hedgehog which had fallen into their pool, so he fished it out and sat it in the sun to dry off.

Phil, Lynn, Ilona and Alexix were driving me to Chania airport, when suddenly, in a built up area, Phil turned off the road and parked almost in the sea.

This was where we were going to have lunch.


What a view!  Lunch was good too.

I was sad to say goodbye to Crete.  Beautiful island, beautiful people and of course my family and friends there.

Thank you Phil and Lynn for a beautiful visit.

Some other Greek islands.

Flying in to Athens.

Marianna, my airbnb host, met me at the airport, recognising me by my yellow suitcase (thanks Anna!)

Marianna kindly drove me to the nearby picturesque beach for a walk.

It was a very pretty place.


I had dinner sitting literally over the very clear water.  A swan swam past (although not in this picture).  Then Marianna came and picked me up and took me to my apartment.



The apartment was very comfortable and I had a relaxing evening.








No comments:

Post a Comment