Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Paul and Judith, Maltby, Yorkshire.

Sunday, 22nd September, 2019.

Vivienne and I had met Paul and Judith on our cruise in Norway in November 2018, and now I was going to visit them in their village of Maltby near Middlesbrough in Yorkshire.  It took me two tubes, two trains and a bit of walking.
Paul hid when I arrived at their local station of Thornaby but by now I have spotted him.

Paul and Judith have the most beautiful (and large) garden which they have established and maintained since they have lived in this house.  This is a part of it.

Here they are in front of one of their apple trees.....

.... and in other parts of the garden.



Paul with his variegated holly (with berries).

There are lots of places where you can sit, although how they find time to sit I’m not sure.

When they added an extension to the house, they included a "foundation stone" above the awning over the door, which includes their entwined initials.

Oh yes, they do get to "sit".

I got to "sit" - and take tea - as well.

More of the garden:






There are also two pools, an optional stream (with bridge) and a waterfall.  The other pool has a net over it to protect the goldfish from a marauding heron.


Oh well, back to "sitting".







No comments:

Post a Comment