Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Singapore Botanical Gardens, 5.05.2010

To conclude our tour of Singapore city, we were taken to the Botanical Gardens, which are lush, magnificent and lovingly maintained. The day after we were leaving, there was to be a free concert for the people there, featuring Andrea Bocelli, with Delta Goodrem as one of the supporting artists. The gardens really inspired me to get into the garden again when I get home – I wonder if it will happen.

I wonder if my palms will ever look as healthy as this?

Lipstick palms.




































We used to grow heliconias like this at Bracken Ridge. Well, maybe not quite so large.

Dreaming of my new garden.

Orchids for Grandma.

More orchids.

Red ginger.

Pink ginger.

After our awe-inspiring visit to the Botanical Gardens, we finished off our city tour with a spicy lunch at Little India.

No comments:

Post a Comment