Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Phung Hung House, Hoi An, Viet Nam.

19th August, 2012.

 

This old home is near the Japanese Bridge, and was probably constructed in the early 1800s.

When we visited, it was set up to display and sell Vietnamese needlework.

Picture from http://www.orientalarchitecture.com/vietnam/hoian/phunghung_gallery.php?p=phung-hung05.jpg

 

IMG_3603 - Copy

After the busyness of the day, I took the opportunity to slip outside onto a balcony at the back of the Phung Hung house, and enjoy a rare moment’s solitude admiring a beautiful desert rose growing there.

 

IMG_3602

From my vantage spot, I could look down onto the street below, basking in the late afternoon sunshine.

 

IMG_3599 - Copy

I could also see the hardworking street vendors.  I hoped they’d had a good day – they certainly deserved to.

No comments:

Post a Comment