Sunday, February 23, 2020

Bordeaux 17: Our new Bordeaux apartment

Saturday 22nd February 2020.


As Stuart has unfortunately developed severe sciatica, which makes it painful for him to walk, we have cancelled our proposed drive to the village of Cotignac and will instead stay in beautiful Bordeaux for the last week of our trip.  We were not able to stay in our former accommodation, so booked another apartment.  The entrance (above) was not shown in the booking information, so even though we had seen interior photos on booking.com, we approached with some trepidation.

We needn't have worried.  Inside, it is quite stunning.

Stuart's room.  I don't know why he is looking so solemn - he really loves it.

One of Stuart's funky bedside tables.

Dining area.

Schmick kitchen.

Crisp b&w bathroom.

My room is up the spiral staircase on the mezzanine level.  It is just big enough for the bed, and there is no cupboard or hanging space, just a shelf.  But it is very cosy and spotlessly clean, and I love it.  The two young men who own the apartment only bought it last June, and have done a super job of renovating and decorating it. 


I am even keeping my suitcase at the bottom of the stairs, but it is yellow, and matches the (suede) cushions. 

Only the view out my window reminds me of what the street looks like outside.  Although we are now outside the "old town", we are only a few hundred metres away.  I think we are going to have a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment