Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 2 #1: Sunrise at Kata Tjuta & Uluru

10th June 2012.

Breakfast at 5.45am on another freezing morning.

IMG_0719 - Copy
Then into the bus to the sunrise viewing point.

IMG_0717 - Copy
After yet another trip of driving through emptiness, we arrived at the viewing point which was as busy as Central Station.  Apparently in summer this raised platform is even more crowded. 
Not standing a chance of getting any sunrise shots of Uluru which weren’t full of people, I wriggled in to the front on my knees on the steel mesh platform so as not to be in front of other people’s shots.
The steel mesh was excruciatingly painful to kneel on, but by inserting a glove under each knee I was able to stay there long enough to take a few Uluru shots:

IMG_0709 - Copy

IMG_0723 - Copy

IMG_0740

Then the problem was, how to photograph Kata Tjuta.
IMG_0764 - Copy
As you can see, some of the people in front were unnecessarily tall.
I solved this one by clambering up and balancing on the railing, at some peril to both my camera and myself, and photographing over their heads:

IMG_0749 - Copy

IMG_0753 - Copy

IMG_0759 - Copy

IMG_0766 - Copy

IMG_0771

IMG_0779 - Copy

IMG_0780

IMG_0784 - Copy

1 comment:

  1. Jan - Those photos are amazing and the place Kata Tjuta & Uluru has just been added to my bucket list, for some reason it has touched me deeply-Thank you Kathy R.

    ReplyDelete