Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The "I am" sayings of Jesus

On Saturday 17th April, I attended an afternoon of flowers and song dedicated to the "I am" sayings of Jesus, presented at the Bracken Ridge Uniting Church.  Local florist Robert Manton created floral arrangements while my friend Marilyn conducted the choir, singing songs appropriate to such sayings as:
  • I am the Alpha and the Omega
  • I am the way, the truth and the life
  • I am the bread of life
  • I am the good shepherd
  • I am the light of the world
  • I am the reurrection and the life... etc
The presentation was very well received by the receptive and appreciative audience.




































Robert Manton working on "I am the Good Shepherd".
Robert is adding shepherds' crooks (not bent sticks).

"I am the bread of life".
Note the bread and the grapes.




































"I am the resurrection and the life".

One bright cloud.
The afternoon concluded with a magnificent afternoon tea and a spectacular sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment